Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Childs Summer~

 Memories of summer should contain the smells of fresh cut grass, water from a hose, the sounds of kids playing, belly laughs and being carefree~ This is what I hope to create for my children.... I grew up with a lot of uncertainty, anxiety and in and out of other peoples homes as my mom was in the hospital a lot when I was growing up... This is something I don't ever want me children to concern themselves with.... I want their childhood to be as carefree as possible but of course within reason ... which sometimes is a hard feat... to spoil but not over spoil.... How on earth do you find that balance.... They say you either do the same as you were raised or the complete opposite... and as I openly strive to do the complete opposite... and I'm sure my kids will find things I do they will never do, my hope is its only minor things and never a feeling of or attribute their childhood to such  anxiety.  ..
  Since Laken was able to enjoy sweets I've tried to at least once every few months,  plan dates for my kids.... dates with just Mommy or Daddy... Or dates where we have dessert Before Supper.... with the mindset that life is to short and sometimes you need to indulge, bend the rules, and have a little fun.. because after all lines are meant to be bent just a little.... So this is our summer so far.... which has included Dates of all kinds!
Frozen Yogurt Before Dinner

Fell asleep two second from home in mid sentence... at 11pm at night

Summer Fun in the back yard

Summer Weddings

Summer Birthdays! Jace Turns 7!

Canada Day Camping

Spray Park Fun

More Canada Day with two women who make me better and lift me up~

Canada Day with Aunty Rhea and the sweetest God Daughter

Camping on Canada Day at the pond!

waiting for the parade!




Papa's Car in an actual Car show!!





Car show!






Brett Driving Papa's Car


 

 


 



 



 


 

 

Eating Grandmas Fried Chicken!

 

Tattoos and Fire works


Playing at the beach



Kade Turns 5



 

 

Spray Park Picnic



 

 

Street Wheelers Cruise




 

Drag Races


More Back yard fun!

 












No comments:

Post a Comment