The Christmas Season is now among us and we can’t wait for Santa’s arrival on the 25th! With that though I’ve found these last few year that people put was to emphasis on the Day and forget about the true meaning….to enjoy spending time with family and friends. Society is so wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life its nice to have some time through out the year when you get a “pass” to leave work at work and thoroughly enjoy your time at home, with friends and indulge just a little bit more…Just some of the thing I feel should be worked into everyday life, not just in December!
This month hasn’t been any different the any of the others just as busy if not busier! Laken and I are enjoying our time at home, and the thoughts of buying pink are almost surreal and so exciting! I would have been just as elated if it would have been a boy, but it’s always nice to experience both…Not only that prior to my Mum getting sick and dying she purchased two outfits on our first trip to Scotland…One for a little boy and one for a little girl, intuition maybe.. regardless it’s heart warming to know they’ll each have something just from her! Laken is beyond excited to have a little sister and I can’t wait to see the bond they develop. We’ve had two friends deliver little girls and have a total of eight friends not including ourselves who too are expecting or have had little brothers or sisters, so Laken think everyone gets one and is soo excited to see everyone’s babies it’s beyond Amazing to watch!
We ended November with putting up our tree, decorating and baking, followed by Christmas parties, Doctor appointments, Play dates, more Christmas Parties, family gatherings and day trips… Soon to be followed by more visiting with family, friends and then it’s Christmas! It’s unbelievable how having children of your own can re-instill that childhood excitement about Christmas morning! Mark and I both cannot wait to put milk and cookies out with Laken as he talks about it regularly, and to see his face when he wakes up to see the gifts Santa has left him….The starting of new and old traditions is something Mark and I also look forward to! Here are a few pictures of our month so far! I’ll post in a separate post pictures from our Annual Babes Christmas party!
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas! As well as Health, Love and Laughter in 2012! Xox
Mark, Ashley, Laken and Bump!
December, 2011
Christmas Letter~
Dear; Family and Friends
~The Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons.
It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”~
This year from our home to yours, we too are wishing you and yours a Christmas that means a little bit more! The excitement for Christmas this year started in about July….yep Christmas movies in July with Laken discovering shortly after that Santa brings gifts to good little boys and girls…So he’s been informing us every morning since, that indeed Santa will be bringing him not only a Bike, the Movie cars but a few other things as well. It’s going to be a long wait for Christmas morning, but I cannot wait to see the look on his face when it does come!
We say it every year, where on earth has the year gone? This year is no different, 2011 almost seems like a blur and it’s hard to believe 2012 is right around the corner! The biggest news in our house of course is that, we will be expecting a Baby come on or around April 25th, 2012! We are beyond excited and cannot wait for another little being to love! Laken too tells anyone who will listen to him, that the Easter Bunny this year is bringing him a Baby! Hope he soon realizes that this is the only Easter he gets a Baby!
This year started out slow and cold! Winter seemed to stick around a little bit longer this year! With that though we still managed to stay busy! Between both Mark and I working, play dates, swimming lessons, pre-preschool and weekend activities I honestly don’t know where the months went….The transition back to work has been good and of course there is never a shortage of people needing surgeries! Mark’s work has been busy as well and he’s still loving being out at the mine. He recently moved to an apartment closer to his work and is now staying in Elkford instead of Sparwood, which decreases how much he has to drive and increases the amount he gets to sleep the four days he’s gone.
In July Laken and I boarded a plane to Scotland and took my Aunty Trudy with us, as Mark couldn’t get the time off to come along. We went not only to visit
family, show Aunty the sights but also because my beautiful cousin Ashleigh was getting married. The Trip was Amazing, very emotional and bitter sweet. Sweet because I was able to share something so close to my heart with Laken, as well as
the opportunity to introduce him to the Amazing family we have over in Scotland. Slightly bitter because I know my Mum would have loved to see Laken with everyone and it would have been nice to have Mark with us as well. My cousin’s wedding was beyond breath taking and one for the royal books for sure! I’ve never had such and experience nor will I, I’m sure! Laken donned a kilt and looked every bit the part. He did so well on the trip, adjusted well and slept everywhere and any where! Mark and I truly are lucky! We were able to visit lots of family, but of course it’s never long enough and I so wish they were closer! Hopefully some will be over to visit after Babe arrives!
With each new life that enters of course it seems that one leaves and I unfortunately lost my wonderful Uncle Eric July 1st who was an inspiration to all and truly reminded us to live life to the fullest. Shortly after returning from Scotland I also lost my Great Uncle Billy who too will be sorely missed…We have a few more angles watching over us this year..
In August Laken Celebrated his 2nd Birthday Car’s style and loved every minute of it. We are truly blessed to have such amazing family and friends within our lives who made his day extra special! Fall seemed to follow quickly behind with pumpkin festivals, drive in movies and of course tricker treating ! Each year and holiday becomes all the more fun and exciting with Laken. He has thoughts and ideas on everything and most definitely isn’t afraid to share! (no idea where he gets that from….)
With 2012 just around the bend, 2011 has set it up to be a pretty Amazing year and I cannot wait to see what the New year will bring! Wishing all of you Health, Love and Laughter this holiday season with a little bit more!
The Cesar’s
Mark, Ashley, Laken and Bump!

















No comments:
Post a Comment