Thursday, August 25, 2011

Once in a Life time is today~

On an air plane we did go......across the pond...all the way.. to Scotland! Emotional is I think the word I would best use to describe our trip besides Brilliant, Amazing and Breathtaking. Emotional because I had just lost my Uncle, which proved once again no one is guaranteed tomorrow, that life is short and that your once in a lifetime is today.... so soak up every second of it!...and that is what we did! Emotional too because I am in awe of how loving and caring my family is and how much I miss them, wish that where closer and feel so lucky and almost undeserving to have such Amazing people in my life. Even though I've been to Scotland Numerous times I was in constant awe most of the time... that I am getting the opportunity to share the things I love with my little boy.... Family I wasn't sure Laken was ever going to get to meet with our looming life span..or lack there of in our family genes. The void of not having my Mum there with me as I know she would have been beyond elated to see her grandson in a kilt, holding my Aunt Anna's Hand, sharing and experiencing in where she grew up... Beyond the Amazing Emotional up's and downs and lots of Happy Tears it was an Amazing Trip!
       We flew out on the 6th of July, Flight was good until the flight attendant made me pick Laken up from a dead sleep off the floor, which resulted in Laken serenading the the back section of the air craft for the last 10-15mins of the flight with a high pitched scream...thank goodness it was the last 15 and not the first and that goodness I brought my Aunt with me because I'm not sure I would have survived other wise...Flight home was Amazing though, Laken sat on everyones lap and had the little girl in front of us reading him stories! The main purpose of our trip was the Wedding of  My cousin Ashleigh ( I'm sure we're sisters and we were separated at birth!) and her now Husband Michale. When we first arrived we got the dress and kilt fittings out of the way, visited with family.....Got to see my Uncle Billy and his amazing Clydesdale's...one of which is going to the queen of England! We visited Edinburgh Castle, toured the city of Glasgow, and lots of sights in between! The Wedding was beyond Beautiful, it was Fit for a Princess, Hollywood Movie Star worthy and I am so grateful to have been asked to share in such an Amazing day! Laken stole the show in his little kilt and was soo good on the entire trip, made himself right at home where ever he went and fell in love with everyone as they did him. It was  really hard to say goodbye and I'm already longing to go back, which is never soon enough. I am forever grateful to my family for their hospitality and love. My little family couldn't ask for anything more and is very Blessed.
Here are a few pictures from our trip!

Parking the car at the Airport!

Waiting on our Plane!
At Port Glasgow looking at the Tall Ships!

In Falkirk
At Edinburgh Castle with Angela

Ashleigh, Angela, Laken and Ashley
Laken and Mommy in Edinbrugh

Edinbrugh Castle


Laken and Mommy
Ryan and Laken at the Irish Sea! Laken's 1st time ever at the Ocean!

Georges Squar in Glasgow
Hen Night
The Horse shoe Laken gave Ashleigh and Mic
One of my Uncle Billy's Clydesdale's this one is enroute to The Queen of England herself! 
Wedding Day!

Ashleigh and her Mom Angela
All The girls
The cars!

Laken gicing the Horse Shoe
Ashley,Mic, Ashleigh and Laken
Laken and Mommy
Little Laken
Mommy and Laken with Aunt Anna and Uncle Malky
Mommy and Laken with Neil and Angela along with the handsome Ushers

Laken and Saskia

Ashleigh and Mic cutting the cake!                    Ashley, Aunt Anna Aunt Jan and Aunt Dorthy
Laken and Mommy Outside the castle Ashleigh and Mic got mmarried at the Day after


Ryan and Laken at the Glasgow Catherdal

Mommy, Laken, Aunt Anna, Angela and Uncle Malky


Ryan and Laken

No comments:

Post a Comment