Monday, August 15, 2011

Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it~

Wow it's August, and life has been put into over drive these last few months, from loosing a loved one, a trip to Europe a Wedding every girl dreams of, to everything in between and just recently celebrating Laken's 2nd Birthday.... I plan to share it all with you but thought I'd start from the top.....

 Inspiration, Determination...Drive, Devotion, Dedication, and out doubtingly One of a Kind are just some of the words I would use to describe my Uncle Eric. He was more then an Uncle to me he was like a Dad. Never missing any of my milestones...my prom, high school graduation, my car accident, the morning of my wedding day.... he was there, always. He was there to rescue me from dreaded camping trips but most of all he was there to listen, listen to my crazy dreams, aspirations and hopes for the future. He is alot of the reason I am whom I am, why I chose the career I did and that you should never question true love at any age. He had a way of not just listening.... but feeling and taking in everything to the point where every at 10years old I felt my words had merit and that my thoughts mattered.....Huge in who I've become today. There was never a question I could ask that was too silly for him to answer or a problem too big to learn from.
On July 1st 2011, I lost one of the most inspirational people I've ever known. To City of Calgary they lost a huge part of their world and it was so nice to see all the work and determination my Uncle put behind the Paramedic/ Health Care field/Program and STARS air ambulance recognized in News Paper Articles, News Casts and Support towards my Aunt Ellen. To me though and my family he was all that and everything more.... Someone who will be sorely missed, loved forever and always will be apart of my life.
          My Uncle Eric lost his life in a motor Bike accident in Montana, the reason for the trip was for something much bigger....A pre trip in preparation for a cross Canada Trip to Raise Awareness of Hepatitis C and the risks in which Health Care Workers Face as a result of their job... My Uncle contacted Hepatitis C while on the job as a paramedic and even after his path to finding a living liver donor was unsuccessful he still pushed forward to help others...
           So this is my plea to those reading this blog in honour of my Uncle Eric... Please sign you Donor Card and More importantly TALK with your Family. What greater legacy could you leave then saving another life...
Love Always Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment