Thursday, September 2, 2010

We Survived! Work of course, as I knew we would but never the less…..I still lost sleep over not only going back but leaving my little man. All really for nothing as the fears of forgetting aspects of the job where gone in ten minutes of being there. I truly do love my job, as it has given me the opportunity to be with those at there finest, lowest and highest. I’ve been given the opportunity to see a new life come into this world, lives leave this world…..I’ve seen those rejoice in the fact that life in theirs again, I’ve held the hand of someone who’s just learned that life as they know it will end sooner then they planned and been given the opportunity to hold someone as they morn the loss of a loved one…. Best of all though with my job I’ve learned how Amazing the human spirit can be, how precious life is, that no one is guaranteed tomorrow, that it takes a lot of people to make this world go around, everyone just as important as the other and that the greatest success in life is finding your own happiness whatever that may be………..



I was worried with going back to work I would be taking something away from Laken but have now come to the conclusion that, being a nurse makes me a better mom. As it’s a reminder of how blessed Mark and I truly are. Its also Amazing to see how much Mark and Laken have truly become attached at the hips and How great it is that Laken is able to spend quality time with his Grandma!


Life as we know it has had some changes these past few weeks, but Laken and I are still able to not only make play dates and library time but other programs that are on within the city! So we’re still as busy as ever and adjusting well!


Today also marks Four years of marriage for Mark and I! Mark and I have never been believers in “finding your soul mate…” We’re believers in what we know… Marrying your best friend and creating your soul mate. Four years ago we where at the best Wedding we’ve ever been to and truly can’t wait for the next 70 years of marriage! It just amazes me after nine years how much fun we have together, and if anyone else would see us sometimes would honestly think we’ve lost our minds…How we can still stay up to 2am talking about everything and anything. ….. I can’t wait for all the memories ahead of us that we have yet to create and those we are laying Down now….Wishing you all, a Fabulous September and that you too will find that old kind of love! xox





The Beauty of Love:

The question is asked, "Is there anything more beautiful in life than a young couple clasping hands and pure hearts in the path of marriage? Can there be anything more beautiful than young love?"

And the answer is given. "Yes, there is a more beautiful thing. It is the spectacle of an old man and an old woman finishing their journey together on that path.

Their hands are gnarled, but still clasped; their faces are seamed, but still radiant; their hearts are physically bowed and tired, but still strong with love and devotion for one another. Yes, there is a more beautiful thing than young love. Old love."

Unknown


Laken and I at The Whoop Up Days Parade August 2010


Lunch!!
Play date with KP and Taylor!
Our Wedding Day September 2nd, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment