Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January 2014~ Your up and your down....


I know it’s only the end of January, but this year so far I would have to describe using the words surreal, eye opening, uncertain, challenging and a bit strange…. It almost feels as if something is about to shift… as to what I’m not quite sure… at the same time not all that worried about it either…and for those who know me.. is strange in itself..

    I do know that I am not the same person I was last year, nor five years ago…. Five years ago, I like most at that age knew it all… would go up against anyone and “had” to fix everything…… 2013 I think left me learning the most…. 2013 was a hard year but a year of learning  lessons I wouldn’t want to lose…. It was a lot about letting go. Realizing that forgiving doesn’t mean acknowledging that what was done was ok but letting go of the anger… It was also acknowledging that breath is much better saved for those who want to hear it and not those who don’t. That not all fights are worth fighting and always being right sometimes isn’t what it’s all about. Along with the fact that my priorities right now completely evolve around my little family……

 I think some of the reason this year has been a bit different is because I’m caught somewhere between the woman I once was before having kids, the woman who wanted to start a family the mom I think want to be, the mom I am and still trying to figure out…. Trying to be everything I want to be but trying to figure what or who that is and how to manage all of the above.

   I think it also has to do with my age and the fact 30 is  around the corner… which is closer to 40… which is closer to 45…. Which is the age I lost my mom ….and of course then comes 47…. The age in which my grandmother lived until… Combined with the knowledge that on February 23rd marks the 10 year anniversary of my accident….. I’m not exactly sure what it is about big number anniversary’s…. But I’ve thought more about my accident this year I ever have. Which might just be due to the fact that everything has now come full circle with now teaching two theory classes at the college…. Which of course was where I was ten years ago….

       Whatever the case I feel this year has even more in store for us in terms of growth…. In good ways though, good things and great adventures in which I am so excited for us to experience…..

 

With that said though this month has been a tough balance for all of us including for the kids. We are so very blessed to have such amazing people in our lives who have either helped cart our kids, traded me shifts, watched our kids and moved schedules, dates and essentially mountains  so I can take a chance on this new career endeavor of teaching at the college. It’s been a tough balance, with excitement, fear and even tears. Trying to see if I can “do it all” being the mom I want to be, the wife, the friend, the nurse and the teacher without losing myself within each title. I’m going to give it my all and know I won’t be upset if being the mom and wife I want to be win over any job. For I know in another five years priorities, opportunities, life will all be different and I’m certain putting my family first won’t ever be a regret . So here’s to success and knowing whatever the year brings or happens I was given an amazing opportunity and had the chance to experience and accomplished something I was once told I couldn’t.....
 
 Here is some of our Month~




 

Laken and Brett's 1st time on ski's and they both did beyond Amazing!


Happy New Year!
Hockey Pictures
 
 
Baking with Dad











Balance between being so over worked at the hospital and teaching at the college~ winding down with thins that inspire me~




This I think is the very first time I've ever felt really old~ sad and slightly overwhelmed at the same time.. How can my baby boy be going to kindergarten in the fall?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment