Friday, December 7, 2012

Introducing Brett Elizabeth Ann



On April 12th, 2012, at 1059am we Welcomed a healthy 7lbs 15oz 20 1/4 inch long Baby Girl! Named Brett Elizabeth Ann





Labour started off and on from about 11pm the 11th until it fully kicked in at 730am on the 12th. Which allowed me to get Laken ready for the day, explain what was happen and have my Amazing friend Rhea come over to spend the day with Laken. This Labour started pretty much the same, except as Mark and I were settling in for the "long Haul" She was here! We arrived at the Hospital at about 9am, after being assessed moved to the delivery room. I was Given my epidural and not even ten minutes later She was here! Brett's birth was different in the sense I wasn't focused on the pain ( Laken was delivered 100% natural no drugs) I felt in control, was able to still be present and aware of everything and it seemed so peaceful, and very emotional.
I was very admit that I wanted Laken to be the 1st person to meet Brett, I wanted him to have that. I honestly can remember my Mom bringing my baby brother home and instantly feeling like I wasn't as important. She left home with a baby in her belly and came home with a Baby...not quite what I guess I expected at the age of three? So I of course did what any rational 3yr old would do... I packed my little blue purse asked my mom to pack me a lunch, what time supper was and ran away to the corner of the front lawn....Funny now, but I wanted Laken to be fully involved and since I work at the hospital he is 100% comfortable and knows almost all of the doctors there. Brett and Lakens first meeting was everything I hoped for and more, he was so excited and fell in love with her, and then got to go to unit 3c with Rhea and announce her arrival to the amazing Staff I work with who fussed all over him!

 Life with two certainly has had it challenges, especially with my hormones being on over drive due to having a baby girl. For the most part though 95% of the time... its beyond Amazing! I have an unbelievably supportive, caring and hands on husband and a little boy who loves to help, sing and love his baby sister! Life with all it sups and downs this past year has been amazing because of all of them!

   
Here are a few pictures of our Beautiful Baby Girl~
                               Seconds old and our first official  meeting with our Baby

                                                                 First Family Picture

                    48 hours old with a very proud Big Brother                           Cute as a Button
                         
                                         Already has daddy wrapped around her finger
                                                         Our family is now complete
                                                                 Brett Elizabeth Ann
1st official Diaper change with Laken holding Brett's hand to make sure she was "ok"
Brett's Meet and Greet with Me and my god mother Madeline

                                                          
                                                                  Brett 2 months old

 Having a girl truly has been a whole new experience and she is 100% Girl with Sugar, spice and a wee bit of Sass.. She's an amazing baby just like Laken ( YOU can have two good babys! it is possible!) Shes the perfect addition to our family and I just feel so blessed and am constantly questioning how I could be so lucky...

1 comment:

  1. SO glad you're back to blogging ;)I love reading it! And you are so blessed because you deserve every little bit of it <3

    ReplyDelete