When I think about all the patients and their loved ones that I have worked with over the years, I know most of them don't remember me nor I them. But I do know that I gave a little piece of myself to each of them and they to me and those threads make up the beautiful tapestry in my mind that is my career in nursing. ~Donna Wilk Cardillo
In kindergarten when asked~ “What do you want to be when you grow up?” My answer has always been “a nurse” I think part of it is because it’s in my blood…My Great Grandma was a Nurse, Both Grandparents and my Mum where all in the nursing field.
I truly love my job, it keeps everything in perspective, reminds me constantly of how important life in and how amazing the human mind body and spirit is. In my career I’ve seen people at there worst, there best, there happiest and there lowest. I’ve held the hands of those who are taking their last breaths and those who are welcoming new life into the world….I’ve shared tears with a lot of my patients those who have been diagnosed with incurable illnesses and those who have been given a clean bill of health.
I knew from an early age I would love nursing, but never have thought I would love something this much. Some days are really hard, busy and mentally draining but I wouldn’t trade anything. I think the quote above nails it..I wont remember all those I meet in my career and nor will they remember me..but I know I’ve given a little piece of myself to them and honestly hope I’ve made a difference in their lives.
I am also blessed in my career to work with some Amazing women and men making the job all that sweeter! Happy Nurses week to all the nurses out there!
My Nursing Grad Picture
Some of the Amazing Ladies I work with on Surgery :)

No comments:
Post a Comment