Thursday, January 27, 2011

~ Dreams Do come True Ours came wrapped in Baby Blue…

It’s been a big month at our house….Laken started Pre Play School, no longer is using a bottle at night, is now sleeping in a big boy bed and is still using the potty!

I was told when we brought Laken home from the hospital that you’ll never stop worrying about him…as with every stage there is a new worry….Boy where they right! I find myself worrying alot lately about Laken not being socialized enough because he isn’t in a day home or day care….and Mark and I both feel interaction with other children is important..... So we signed up for a pre play school class. Laken, I think enjoys it.... One of the little girls for our baby group is in it as well so there is a familiar face and lots of toys! It’s so funny to watch Laken…he is sooo observant and reserved. He walks around with his hands clasped behind his back and watches all the other children play and interact before he decides what he’d like to do. He’s very thoughtful and so good at sharing it just blows my mind, and makes me so proud he’s mine!

Last week I awoke to a horrible scream, I ran into the nursery to find Laken teetering on the rail of his crib…….he’s been climbing everything lately, even going as far as to push/move/carry objects to assist him in climbing…so I figured a big boy bed wasn’t far away but I never thought it would be this soon! Never the less when Mark got home we changed the crib into a bed and haven’t looked back since! Laken was so excited that he could get in and out of the bed that we had no trouble transitioning him, but…..the novelty of being able to get out of bed and open the door took a few days to wear off….

It’s just so hard to grasp how quickly Laken is growing along with how independent and assertive he is becoming.. So goodbye to January and hello to a super busy February! xox
 
                                                              First Day at Pre School

Painting a picture with Taya

                                                               Some pretend play
Checking everything out!


                                    One of our many Play Dates this month with Tyson and Klara!

Poor Laken.....mark was getting ready to leave for work and Laken must have figured if he was dressed Mark HAD to take him..He got all is winter cloths on himself, and here he is crying because he couldn't get his boots on....too cute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment