Tis that time of year again, the stores and streets are busy bustling. The sweet smells of peppermint & cinnamon are abundant in the air and the thought of a warm fire place is oh so inviting. Yes another year has come & gone and the yearly Christmas Letter has arrived!
Wow what a year! Filled with highs, lows, memories and lots of plans for the future! This year has been beyond busy and has flown by! I know it’s because Mark and I have been trying to savour every moment, milestone and event that is Laken! We celebrated Laken’s 1st Birthday in August and it was such a great day, filled with family, friends and everything puppy dog! We’ve gone from an army/sniper style crawl….to a “normal” crawl, to walking…and now running! We also started potty training in October at 14months and haven’t looked back! Mark and I truly never new how exciting the potty was, but it is beyond Fabulous! (Haha) Laken and I are still busy with activities which include; Swimming lessons, baby groups, Small and Tall at the Library, outings with other mom’s and babes that we’re barley ever home! In the new year we’re hoping to start gymnastics and a pre-pre school class! He looks forward to each activity and it’s nice to get out and play with others! It’s just Amazing to watch Laken grow, and learn! Being Laken’s Mom and Dad is so much more then we could have ever dreamed of. He’s formed such an fantastic personality and you can fully see his individuality. Laken is very caring and thoughtful, with a rough, tough, dare devil side that is 110% all boy. He’s laid back, loves everything to do with food, learns things sometimes a little too quickly…. Is very assertive and stubborn….(we have know idea where he got that from…) Loves snuggles, is almost always laughing and always has us smiling!
The start of this year and throughout we’ve learned how important once again the little things are…. How important it is to say I love you, the importance of being present in every moment and to hug those you love a little bit tighter. Life is full of Hello’s & Goodbyes and although we all wish we didn’t have to do the goodbye part, it’s inevitable…… In spite of all the goodbyes we’ve had to say this year, we’re so thankful for those who’ve been apart of our lives and for those who continue to be!
In May for those of you who don’t know Mark started a new job with a mining company. With this new job Mark is away from home for 4 days and home for 4. It’s been such a fantastic change for our family and we truly couldn’t ask for anything better. Mark loves his new job, the company he’s working for and the opportunities seem endless. Having Mark home for four whole days has not only given us so much more family time, but has eliminated the need for a babysitter at the moment! On the days we do need someone to watch Laken, Marks mom (Jeanne) comes in, we’re beyond grateful and Laken couldn’t be happier! I started back to work in August and although it was an adjustment more for me then anything, knowing Laken was at our home with his grandma made it so much easier! We cannot begin to express how thankful we are to Jeanne, especially since she excepts my type A personality and laughs when she see’s all the “schedule list’s” I have everywhere!
I also have Mark’s brother Jesse to thank as he came and lived at our house for a good two weeks to baby-sit and help out in January, as I was back in a wheel chair. I’m excited share that I am now officially finished with all my surgeries caused from my car accident six years ago! In January I had the Rod that extended from my knee to ankle removed! Such a huge relief to have it all behind us now and in August I was able to have the scar on my face revised and couldn’t be happier with the results! This summer we where able to get in some great camping trips, sight seeing adventures and all together priceless family time. We didn’t go anywhere far, or extravagant…We stayed pretty close to home but had so much fun and made some memories that will last forever! We also had some of my family come stay with us for a few days for Laken’s Birthday which was a huge highlight to the Summer!
Exciting news for the coming summer though! Yep you guessed it….(nope no new Babies! Haha)…..the tickets are purchased….Laken and I are Leaving on a Jet plane! We along with my Aunt Trudy, will be heading over to Scotland! ( Mark will sadly be at home working, but we plan to all come over again sooner then later) My stunning cousin Ashleigh is getting married in a Castle to a dashing Lad named Michael ( both of which where here for our wedding in 06’ ) Not only do we get to attend, sleep overnight in a castle but I have the privilege of being a bridesmaid. I cannot wait not only share in their day, but am also so excited to show Laken and my Aunt some of my favourite places in the world. As well as to introduce them to all my family who‘ve I‘ve missed so much since my last visit in 2007! The count down is on and I know wont come soon enough.
That’s been pretty much our year in a nut shell though, lots of laughs, smiles and memories! So from our home to yours, we hope this letter finds you well and that wonderful memories are made for you & your family during this holiday season. Wishing you not only Peace, Love & Laughter but Health and Happiness too!
Love Always
The Cesar’s
Mark, Ashley and Laken
Xox
More Pictures From the Babes Christmas Party














No comments:
Post a Comment